Building your creative business or side-hustle is your ticket to the slower, more meaningful lifestyle you ache for. But the journey often feels like a turbulent adventure into the unknown.
Would it be helpful to have a route map and someone to walk with you every step of the way?
Perhaps you’ve reached a point where you’ve hit rocks or the current seems to be relentlessly pushing against you. Maybe you’ve found yourself drifting, like a ship without sails.
I get it. I’ve been there. Building a creative business can be an overwhelming and lonely place, there’s no one to turn to and ask, am I doing this right? Which way should I go? What should I be focussing on? How can I make this pay? You have some ideas (or possibly too many ideas) of where you’d like to take your business, but there are too many things working against you right now to get those projects off the ground. The overwhelm, the fear of putting yourself out there, the uncertainty and the fact that you don’t know where to start with this huge, sometimes overwhelming project.
But what if we were on this adventure together?
I’ll come and find you where you’re lost in the woods and together we’ll create a route map to get you to a place where you and your business can thrive. I’ll walk every step of the way with you as you discover the potential your creative business has to support the lifestyle you long for.
Let me walk each step with you as I show you how to make your vision a reality.
I want to help you skip some of the messy, uncertain, heart ache-y bits and help you turn your business or side-hustle into something that can support you in living the lifestyle you dream of, like I did.
I can help you find clarity and focus on the next leg of your business journey, I can see where you have opportunities to simplify your business, when you can’t see the woods for the trees and I can help work towards making your business pay, so that you can quit the thing you’re doing just to pay the bills.
I’ll help you create a route map with step by step directions and I’ll reach every milestone with you along the way.
I’ll be your creative business mentor, accountability partner and business buddy - all wrapped into one. We’ll get to the heart of your business and adjust the sails to make sure it’s on track to deliver the kind of business and lifestyle you’re after. I can help you push past the fear, self-doubt and uncertainty by sharing my tried and tested exercises and tools as well as being the one who cheers you on and really understands what you’re trying to do here.
In other words, we’ll make a plan and we’ll make it happen.
What’s the process like?
We’ll kick things off by digging deep into what kind of business and lifestyle you want to build on a free, no-obligation 30-minute consultation call, so that you can experience what mentoring with me will be like and for us both to figure out if we’d be a good fit to work together.
On our first 60-minute call we’ll work through what needs change in your business and get clarity on where your focus needs to be to really take things up a level. From this chat we’ll create your route map that’s entirely shaped around you and your business.
From there we we’ll have a 60-minute call every couple of weeks to work through the plan we’ve created together. We’ll work through each step one at a time and I’ll be there to help you through the tough bits and show you the way forwards.
After each call you’ll get a recording of our chat with detailed call notes from me which will include tasks and exercises for working through the next step in your business journey.
You’ll also be able to drop me an email at any time to ask me questions, bounce ideas off me or get the moral support you need on those days when you’re struggling for motivation.
This is for you if:
• You have a specific project you want to make happen in your business like pivot your business, launch a podcast, grow your audience, start taking your business seriously, get that idea for a creative business or side-hustle off the ground, get intentional about creating consistent content, rebrand your business, launch new products and services, build a new website…
• You ache to make your side-hustle or creative business support you financially, so you can quit the thing you’re doing just to pay the bills
• You want some support and accountability to help you make a plan and make something BIG happen in your business
• You want to get more organised and consistent in your business
• You want to talk to someone who’s been there, who gets it, who can give help you lift the fog and walk with you along the path towards the business and lifestyle you long for.
• 6 or 12 x 1hr audio calls over Skype followed up with extensive call notes after each call and a recording of our chat so you can listen back.
• Tasks and exercises set after each call to help you work through the next step in levelling up your business.
• Unlimited email support from me for those days when you might feeling overwhelmed by your to-do list or to ask specific questions. I’ll be in your inbox cheering you on and giving you my full support every step of the way.
• One (or two for the 6-month package) of my A1 12-week plan wall posters so that you can make an action plan for your business that will help you stay on track with your projects and plans.
• And most of all you get me as your cheerleader! I’ll share my proven planning method with you to help you stay on track and focussed on the projects and tasks that are going to have the biggest, most positive impact on your business.
Got a question or worry?
I’m worried about making the investment
Investing in ourselves and our businesses triggers all sorts of thoughts and feelings, you’re not alone in that, it’s why I wrote this post on getting past the guilt of investing in yourself. Let me just share this though, when you invest in yourself you’re also investing in others, the people you spend your time with and the people you work with. Your investment gets passed on to your clients and customers who benefit from your higher level of knowledge, or just the fact that they can discover you, and work with you, because you finally got serious about relaunching your website or making your business idea a reality.
I’ve got some exciting ideas but the thought of actually making them happen and putting myself out there is terrifying!
Getting outside of your comfort zone is always scary, but rather than taking huge leaps into the unknown we’ll nudge out the boundaries of your comfort zone in baby steps (that’s how I got from tiny side-hustle idea to where I am today) and I’ll be there to support you in working through the fear and uncertainty. The other thing I want to say is, there’s an incredible feeling waiting for you on the other side of those small leaps and nudges, I promise.
I have a track record of starting courses and programmes but not finishing them
The difference with my 1:1 mentoring is that you have me! I’m there to be your accountability partner, checking in with you regularly on email and having conversations with you every couple of weeks. I can give you gentle nudges and together we can figure out what the blocks are that are holding you back and most importantly we’ll find ways to overcome them. My focus in on making sure your business moves up a level, or two, or three in the time we work together so I won’t be letting you get stuck along the way or let the road blocks hold you back.
What happens once our time together is over?
My creative business mentoring is tailored around you and focussed on giving you the tools and know how to keep your business thriving beyond the time we work together. You’ll have a planning method that you can use time and time again to continue to level up your business and before we part ways we’ll talk about where your focus needs to be for the following few months so that you can continue what we started together.