Leaving Employment to Focus on your Creative Business - The First Year
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher
On the Make Episode 2 - with Jen from The Crafty Traveller
In this episode Jen from The Crafty Traveller talks about leaving full time employment to focus 100% on growing her creative business, making personalised, hand embroidered maps with a vintage feel. Jen gives an honest and open account of her first year in business, the peaks, troughs and all.
If you're growing your creative business and thinking about making the jump to working on your own gig full-time Jen talks about making that decision to leave employment and what her first year has been like, emotional roller-coaster and all.
IN THIS EPISODE WE COVER:
- Opening a shop with just one product and not diluting your brand by offering too many products
- Jen's journey from leaving full time employment to focus on her creative business full time.
- What to expect in your first year of growing your creative business and the types of challenges Jen's come across.
- How to cope with moving house or having house renovations while running your creative business from home
- Managing customers' expectations
- Planning each day and batching tasks
The blog post Jen mentioned about her first year in business