Teaching your craft: where to start and addressing common worries
SUBSCRIBE: APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER
On the Make Episode 6 - with Emma from Emma May Stitching
In this episode I chat to Emma about running her curtain making and soft furnishings business, Emma May Stitching. A big part of her business is teaching her craft and in this episode we talk in depth about where to start with teaching and addressing some common worries.
Emma shares loads of advice and handy tips on teaching for anyone who wants to start teaching craft workshops and also talks about how she juggles her teaching and taking on commissions alongside being a mum. I hope this episode inspires you to give teaching a go!
IN THIS EPISODE WE COVER:
- How Emma got into curtain making and soft furnishings from a career as a scientist
- How Emma sources good quality fabrics that fit with her brand
- Where Emma's love for contempory textiles and styling came from
- Emma's advice on teaching your craft with tons of handy tips if you're looking to start teaching
- What insurance and cover you need for teaching (and markets) - see the link below for specialist insurance for makers & designers.
- Common concerns around teaching your craft and Emma's advice around those worries
- How Emma plans her day and juggles being a mum, teaching her craft and taking on comissions
Emma's online course on how to make roman blinds
specialist insurance for makers and designers who want to teach their craft and sell at markets etc Ian M Wallace Ltd
pin for later